Friday, June 02, 2006

Birthday Post

Today is the first anniversary of my first post on Fish Soup.

Work is crushing this week, so I'll use this as an excuse to pass off a flashback episode as new material. My favorite post from each month:

June 2005: In memory of Playstation. Playstation is the New York club where I think I got my chops, such as they are. I have fond memories of the place.

July 2005: Glory of 519. This was probably the highlight of my run at Aquarium, a classy joint opened by a classy guy with very unfortunate timing.

August 2005: Thoughts on Tilt. I'm still working on this one.

September 2005: Redemption. August was a terrible month, and winning my first win at a live tourney was one of the highlights of my poker career.

October 2005: One dark day in a month of Mondays. September was my best month ever. October was my worst. Skip this one unless you've got a bit of Schadenfreude in you.

November 2005: V's Victim. The banner is gone, thank goodness, but the shame lives on.

December 2005: WPBT.

January 2006: Pat Straight Flush! For triple-draw players, this screenshot is priceless.

February 2006: Another One Bites the Dust. New York poker scene takes another hit. First of two close calls by yours truly.

March 2006: Poker Lexicon. My attempt at increasing the commonweal.

April 2006: Sunday lovely Sunday. The day I pulled back into the black for 2006.

May 2006: Hustling Grammar. You can't make this stuff up.

Thanks to everyone who's read me and double thanks to those who've commented.

9 Comments:

At Fri Jun 02, 01:26:00 PM 2006, Blogger katitude said...

Happy Birthday Sox Blog!!!

 
At Fri Jun 02, 02:07:00 PM 2006, Blogger Poker4peace said...

Happy Anniversary!

 
At Fri Jun 02, 03:48:00 PM 2006, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Happy Birthday big guy. I look forward to reading a lot more of your blog in its second year than in its first, and hopefully to play together in live action some more since we all live so close together in New York City, the real home of the best poker players who are also poker bloggers.

And I seriously think we should take up Jordan on his idea of an East Coast bloggers' get-together in AC. Something tells me you guys would be more than willing to join in.

Congrats again man.

 
At Fri Jun 02, 10:05:00 PM 2006, Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Happy Anniversary Sox...the year in review was useful and entertaining for those of us late on the scene. Your knowledge of grammar is downright disturbing.

See ya out there.

 
At Sat Jun 03, 10:07:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blog Birthday!

 
At Sat Jun 03, 10:08:00 AM 2006, Blogger Pauly said...

Congrats SoxLover!

 
At Mon Jun 05, 02:44:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the anniversary.

 
At Tue Jun 06, 11:24:00 AM 2006, Blogger Ignatious said...

kudos on the year of blogging sox!

 
At Thu Jun 08, 09:10:00 AM 2006, Blogger Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

Congrats, man. I've really enjoyed your thinking process in your blog and how you walk us through the thought process.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home