Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Luckbox JuJu Cursed Me and He Wasn't Even in the Hand

WWDN Tourney was going pretty until just about this point--some good play I think (aggressive play got my big hands paid off) mixed with significant luck (set over set against Kaellin). I had been chip leader, lost with QQ versus Wheaton's AA (should have folded it UTG) but recovered chip lead, then moved along for awhile hovering from 1-6th place with about 20 left, top 9 pay. Then it all started to go terribly wrong.

First, I got Jaxia's very short stack all-in on a coinflip against me (22 v A5, flopped 5), creating the seeds of my own destruction.

Then, we got moved to a new table with CJ immediately on my left.

Then, Jaxia managed to hit bullets the same hand some poor sap had Brokeback and suddenly has a real stack.

Then, I made a wiseass comment about Jaxia being stacked (note to self: poker gods are merciless).

Then, this happened:

100-200-25 antes

Seat #1 is the button

Seat 5: Jaxia (5380 in chips)

Seat 9: SoxLover (5695 in chips)

Dealt to SoxLover [Kd Ks]

SoxLover said, "my fault for doubling you up"

SoxLover said, "now must face consequences"

Jaxia said, "you haven't met me in realy life then ;)" [response to stacked comment]

SoxLover said, "actually, i have..."

fold

Jaxia: raises 600 to 800

fold fold fold

SoxLover: raises 800 to 1600

fold fold fold

LONG PAUSE--I thought she was going to lay it down--I sort of wanted her to and actually thought my smaller bet might have been scarier than an all in pop.

Jaxia: raises 3755 to 5355 and is all-in

SoxLover: calls 3755

Cards flip up and Jaxia shows her JJ.

Nice!

*** FLOP *** [4s 9s Ac]

Really Nice!

Then, CJ flips one little letter in the box:

Up4Poker said, "J"

*** TURN *** [4s 9s Ac] [Jh]

hoyazo said, "ooof"

SoxLover said, "frcuk" [I should have said jopke I know]

hoyazo said, "wOw"

*** RIVER *** [4s 9s Ac Jh] [Qc]

SoxLover said, "thanks cj"

Jaxia said, "YES"

Jaxia collected 11210 from pot

SoxLover said, "i blame that on you"

Up4Poker said, "sorry man"

Up4Poker said, "Jax is my girl" [Well she seemed nice enough to me, but that was cruel. I hope she busts you too....]

Next hand, Jaxia T3 in the 200 big blind called my sorry ass 290 all-in raise with KJ and beat me down with two pair.

Done.

That really lacked something. Oh yeah, being any fun at all.

I hope Jaxia wins this.

3 Comments:

At Tue Mar 28, 11:44:00 PM 2006, Blogger CJ said...

Sorry man... I didn't mean to openly root against you like that... but... well... she's much hotter than you! ;-)

 
At Wed Mar 29, 01:12:00 PM 2006, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I think Sox is hot when he cries..

 
At Fri Mar 31, 01:11:00 PM 2006, Blogger Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

See you on Monday foolio...you will be putting my beat on you next.

Blogger WSOP Satellite Tourney
PokerStars - Private Tab
April 3rd
9PM EST
$30 +3
No Limit
Password: socoshot

 

Post a Comment

<< Home