Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Full Tilt, New Style, KD's game and KATM is a Rat Bastard

I made the big time I guess. I'm now a shill for Full Tilt—see to the right.

Adding the code completely flummoxed my crappy customizations and fouled my display. So I took the chance to change my template, customizing it a bit more carefully this time. Still need to work out the short post code since right now it shows the "See the Flop" for both full and short posts (I also removed the Barcelona tag, which was an obscure inside joke among FTrain, a crazy Asian gambler and myself).

Kid Dynamite's home game was well hosted despite his bout with death and salmonella.

While playing, I also had a few bouts with death, or at least with mega tilt when I handled some brutal beats less than ideally. Vortex murdered my snowmen with 10 3 soooted from UTG with a raise when he flopped the flush draw and I flopped middle set with an ace on top. He bet it preflop like a big ace and I figured I was ahead unless he had bullets. Since he opened a lot of hands for a raise, I like his range against my hand. Turn was a club and all the money went in. River failed to pair the board and I received a nice stacking for my trouble. Note to self: avoid sitting on Vortex’s right if you don’t like variance.

I laid a nasty beat on Mergie when I flopped middle pair and an open ended straight draw. It was a five way multi-way pot flop showing with a flush draw and a huge pot (given the stakes we were playing). I was fourth overcaller on a 25 raise into a 14 pot by I think Dirty Dave, Mergie followed me with an all in for 190 on top or so more. Slowly, the other 3 folded to me as I started thinking. Actually, I was just talking myself into making a bad call. Which I did. He had top and bottom pair. I hit my straight on the turn and he failed to find his four outer redraw on the river.

I was paying 190 to win 325 or so, which was pretty close to right given what Mergie had, but in honesty I think I made a bad call since he easily could have a had something like a set, a flopped straight or top pair with a flush draw, all of which I would not have had odds against.

I was repaid in full when we flipped to Omaha pot limit when I flopped top set queens on a rainbow board with 67 showing. Andrew on my right opened with a pot 12, I repotted to about 45 (much easier when Ultimate Bet calculates the pot (or Full Tilt, which is a GREAT site by the way), I’m still not quite there with live chips and pot limit). It folded around to Andrew and when he repotted all-in (I think it was about 130 more), I thought I was probably way ahead since that’s the kind of move you will often see from a lower set that doesn’t want to release—I felt he would have called with something like a wrap (although very strong players will raise with a wrap too).

So I called.

I was right on as he had 66, and nothing but some runner draws as backup.

No need for runner draws as he spiked the case six for the first of his back to back quad hands (fortunately, the blood in my eyes kept me from playing that next hand).

I must admit I lost it a bit at this stage.

One other hand which I won’t go through involved the Korean ATM, who by the way freaking destroyed the game, where he cleaned my clock, outplaying me and making me lay down the best hand for a pretty sizable pot.

I will never fold to him again. Or now he knows that so I better fold to him because he’ll make sure to have the goods next time? Or he knows that I’ll think that so he’ll be able to push me off again?

Grrrrrrr. That little rat bastard has gotten inside my head.

6 Comments:

At Tue Feb 14, 05:02:00 PM 2006, Blogger Kid Dynamite said...

i like the new format.

 
At Wed Feb 15, 09:42:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I own you

 
At Wed Feb 15, 01:31:00 PM 2006, Blogger Garthmeister J. said...

This is to prove that people comment here.

Oh, and March 11th/12th doesn't look good, unless a) a prior engagement falls through, and b) I can be be back in DC for a concert Sunday night.

 
At Thu Feb 16, 06:19:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I own you too.

 
At Fri Feb 17, 07:41:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can't both own him...and anyway i have a prior claim.

 
At Fri Feb 17, 08:48:00 PM 2006, Blogger SoxLover said...

Thanks Dad!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home